This is the project homepage of PerfMon which is a SNMP based performance
monitoring tool. PerfMon has the following chracteristics:
Take a look at the screen captures to get a quick overview of PerfMon.
- High performance, it requires little cpu to run, even with more that thousand hosts being polled.
- No lockups when multiple hosts are unreachable.
- Elements are placed in a hierarchy of groups for easy access.
- Easy to use web interface that is completely templated, it is possible to use different templates for each group.
- PerfMon can search a configurable table and use the index found to
poll some variables
(e.g. search for a ifDescr with value eth0 and poll ifInOctets and ifOutOctets).
- Configuration is easy, every instance polled requires only one additional line.
- New SNMP objects to poll can easily be defined by configuring
the MIB to use and the object from the MIB you want to poll
(e.g. ciscoEnvMonTemperatureStatusValue from MIB CISCO-ENVMON-MIB).
- You can add new types of graphs whithout programming.
|Main screen displaying a list of groups
||A list of elements in a group
||CPU usage graph
PerfMon can be downloaded from the Sourceforge project page.